‘It’s OK for something just to be beautiful, to look nice & feel nice or sound nice & for that to make you feel good. It can be frivolous or silly & not be less for that.
‘Beauty is its own sort of utility.’
- And he’s inside me, quickly filling me.
- All pale blue lace and finery.
- ‘Why did you want to know if he was gay?’
- I stand immobilized at the entrance of the room, paralyzed by his beauty and the sweet anticipation of what’s to come.
- How can he have this effect on me, even in this crowded tent?
- What does he mean by that?
- ‘I understand that you’re a keen fisherman.’